Hearty and substantial are two striking features of traditional Styrian cuisine. The perfect start to your 'Styrian enjoyment-tour' is therefore with the hearty mountain breakfast in the rustic-modern TOMiziel at Hauser Kaibling. Some turns into the afternoon, you will have worked up the appetite for lunch at the Krummholzhütte where they serve the legendary Ennstal-lamb. From here, you can easily cross the mountian to get to the World-Cup ski mountain Planai to enjoy a coffee and a donut. Would you like some more? In the heart of Schladming you can taste and buy more Styrian products after your day of skiing.
HOT SPOTS OF THE TOUR
- Hauser Kaibling – Berggasthof Scharfetter: For all early risers – a hearty mountain breakfast awaits you in a rustic modern ambience.
- Hauser Kaibling – Krummholzhütte
Tip: Alpine cuisine by Richard Rauch – Lamb sausage with ginger-coleslaw, roasted onions and blackberry mustard
- Planai – Quellbodenhütte: Afternoon coffee on the World-Cup mountain Planai
- The donuts are a speciality of the region and have a historical background. The 'Wheat Donut' used to be prepared by the protestants and was usually eaten as dessert with honey. There is also the hearty variation of the donut with Ennstaler Styrian cheese.
- Heimatgold Schladming: Taste, and take home Styrian products
- After a day of skiing, there is still the possiblity to taste many Styrian regional products and to take home the favourite ones from the heart of Schladming.
- E.g. Styrian cheese, bread or pine chocolate